Christmas Vignette {Keeping it Simple}

December 9, 2015

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. There are so many memories and traditions that are near and dear to my heart and I feel tremendously blessed to be able to share those memories and traditions with my children.
This year I wanted to keep things simply stated and meaningful. My two favorite traditions during the holidays growing up were our advent calendar and our manger. This year I started a new tradition in our family with our advent calendar, which I will be sharing with you later this week. Today I wanted to share the simple Christmas vignette I created. I just love the fact that my children are able to admire it. It is very important to me when decorating that I keep my children in mind. Everything needs to be realistic and functional when a seven and three year old are involved. My kids love this little space and I hope you do too...
 





 



What do you think?
I am so happy with how it turned out.
 The one big project was the XL chalkboard, which was really super easy and very inexpensive to do! The only other purchases I made for this space were the angle and the manger, both of which I found on Etsy! Everything else I had already. The manger figures were mine from when I was a little girl. My mom and I purchased them together at Woolworths more than twenty eight years ago! They are plastic and really can't be broken (unless given to the dog to chew on!) which is great because my kids love playing with them, and that was extremely important to me when I planned out this vignette. I wanted to be sure my kids would enjoy it and at the same time I wanted it to reflect the season and why we do all these things. And of course I had to throw the "Elf" in there... Another new tradition to look forward to each year!
I want to be sure that my children grow up understanding why we celebrate Christmas and, as cliché as it may sound, that Jesus IS the reason for the season. That is also why this year I decided to implament another new tradition to our advent calendar tradition. If you are unfamiliar with the Jesse Tree be sure to stop back on Friday as I will be sharing more details about it!
See you then!!

Linking up with:

Meadow Lake Road
 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I am having the hardest time finishing my Christmas Decorations. Nothing is looking right and I am fluttered! Yours is perfect, less is more!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christine!! You are always so sweet!! I'm actually having a hard time getting anything done this year!! LOL! Good luck with yours, can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!