Project Home 2013.....

January 9, 2013



Hi all.... I've been pretty busy trying my best to "un-clutter", but it's a much harder job than I had expected. It's kind of hard to get organized and put things in their place when, well, there's no place to put them! We moved into our home almost 5 years ago and there was no Pinterest back then so I really had not a clue what I was doing. I had kind of an idea of my home decor "style", but really didn't pay much attention detail to all the important aspects of decor. I was more focused on getting the walls up, the kitchen done and planning our wedding and then we came back from our honeymoon and I was pregnant.... So home decor was not priority #1!
Getting back to my "decor style". All I knew when we purchased our old home that it needed updating, and that I adored Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs and just started ordering the all the items I wanted rather than taking the time to figure out my style and order items that would actually work within my space. At that time I loved primitive country style. When I was growing up I loved my mom's best friend Nancy's house. It was all cozy, country and always smelt like a bakery.  It was a place that felt like home and growing up I always said to myself that when I grow up my home would be just like that....Not that my own home wasn't cozy it just wasn't country. My mom was more of a contemporary gal. Very creative, artistic and an excellent cook. Thank god I inherited all those fantastic traits from her, but I just loved the felling of how a country home felt.... I also grew up riding horses on my aunt & uncle's farm so that contributed to my love of the country as well....
All that being said I had no idea where to begin and just threw lots of neutral (looking at it now) ugly paint colors and made tons of impulse purchases and now I have this cute little home with bits and pieces of what I like...
Well now thanks to Pinterest, HGTV, 4 tag sales and searching many, many, many blogs I discovered exactly what I want my home to be and my true decor style. Before I get into that I want to share some before photos. We are in the process of doing a lot of home projects and updates. The first room on my list is my "Mom Cave". Well, it's more of an office/mudd room/sitting room.... You can see some of my ideas for this space here. But until then here is Project Home 2013 Room # 1 Before....


 
 
Here it is when it was Gracie's nursey

And here it is now... horrible I know...
 
This weekend we are painting and clearing out so more pics to come!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!