White Chocolate Chip Valentine Cookies.....

February 11, 2013

Being in doors for three days with 35" of snow outside really I wanted to  make something for Valentines Day since I won't have time the rest of the week. I decided to put my own spin on an excellent recipe I found this past Christmas on this great blog Sally's Baking Addiction. This blog is full of yummy treats, but this recipe takes the cake! Since I didn't have any pretzels on hand (shocker I know!) I decided to just use what I had on hand, white chocolate chips, mini milk chocolate chips, red and pink sprinkles and Dove dark chocolate hearts....
I have to say this recipe is so simple I've made these cookies a total of three times and have memorized it already! And here they are!!

                                              
    White Chocolate Chip Valentine Cookies
 
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter at room temp
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temp
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch (yup you read right cornstrach!!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bag white chocolate chips
1/2 bag mini milk chocolate chips
2 tbs pink sprinkles
2tbs red sprinkles
 
Line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper (I used a silpat sheet). Set aside. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars until mixture is no loner "gritty" to the touch. About 3 min. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix well. In a seperate bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. With mixer on low speed gradually add the flour mixture until combined well. Fold in white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and sprinkles. Blend well.
Preheat oven to 350F. Drop a large tablespoon of cookie dough onto cookie sheet (I used a small ice cream scoop!). Bake for 10 min Only!!
Remove and let cool for about 3 min (no longer) then add Dove chocolates (I used peanut butter hearts the other day!!)
Let cool on cookie sheet for 10min more.
ENJOY!!!
 
 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!